Friday, December 11, 2015

Stream of Consciousness VIII

Snow falls
gently
slow motion
the air is still
everything is quiet
a blanket, covering the earth
as if to put it to sleep
...rest...

in an empty house
I could watch, safe inside
and as I do I close my eyes...

there are no traces of the life I lived before
nor of the world that will be
I am somewhere else..

home.

the magical interest everything has to a child
inside my head a place still exists
that I remember from childhood,

alone, staring out my window
in the night
in the cold
wondering what lies beyond..

the promise of another world
I felt it then
like everything is safe,
everything is assured

as I return there now,
as a creature feeling so much older, weighed down,
it hasn't changed.
it goes on in youth forever
ancient memories,
I can reach them still

the sanity of the world outside is insane
this other world is the only thing that makes sense

"- (snowfall / white sleeves)"

No comments:

Post a Comment